Corporate Social Responsibility
TC Mint are involved in the purchase of goods and services to support the delivery of our business activities. We aim to be responsible for delivering value to our clients, whilst observing purchasing practices in line with our corporate social responsibilities. The purpose of this policy is to set out the Company’s duties and responsibilities in upholding ethical practices throughout our supply chain and / or where our business has control or influence. We will disseminate this policy to our supply chain, employees to ensure its effective implementation.
The company shall operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices and ensure integrity in all our business transactions. We will be open, honest & fair in our communications with our interested parties affected by our activities, and where necessary that of our supply chain.
TC Mint will conduct business in an ethical, legal and socially responsible manner. This commitment extends to the suppliers and other associated external resource with whom we chose to do business. We will purchase goods and services to the highest standards of ethical and environmental trade practices to include the provision of safe working conditions and the protection of workers across our supply chain.
The company recognises the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. We’ll always follow best practices when disposing of waste and using chemical substances.
When carrying out our business, we will determine the environmental, social and economic issues. In addition, where practicable we will consider the environmental performance and impact of goods and services when making purchasing decisions.
Were committed to:
• Seek to reduce waste and will do this through reviewing the amount & type of materials being used & specified and optimise opportunities for the use of recycled or reclaimed materials.
• Reduce our carbon footprint by sourcing goods / materials with low embodied carbon. The use of materials with hazardous content will be minimised wherever technically & commercially feasible.
• Our suppliers to managing their own impacts and to work with us to meet our environmental responsibilities.
• Ensure our suppliers operate in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• We will ensure the specification of environmentally sustainable materials wherever technically & commercially feasible.
We expect our suppliers and subcontractors to share our commitment to Health & Safety by implementing robust policies and procedures that put the Health & Safety of employees and others who could be affected by their activities at the heart of their operations.
• We are committed to the promotion of ethical working conditions including fair wage, working hours and equal opportunities.
• We will respect the principles of human rights, to treat employees with dignity and respect and to ensure that no child labour is employed.
• We will ensure that the workforce employed on our site have undertaken basic H&S training as outlined by the Company’s training plan.
• We will support local procurement wherever technically and commercially feasible.
• Local procurement of goods, services and materials will be encouraged with a view to supporting local communities and reducing the overall carbon footprint of our activities.
• We will work with our customers to find appropriate opportunities for skills, training and promote career progression to support local economic regeneration.
• Source material from approved and reputable suppliers and assure that no child labour is used at any stage.
Implementation & Review
• In order to ensure adherence by our employees and supply chain to our ethical sourcing policy the following arrangements will be in place:
• Formal pre-qualification and ongoing monitoring of our supply chain by way of questionnaire and review of arrangements Health, Safety and Environmental management arrangements in place. Where these are found to be lacking we will work with our supply chain to future compliance.
• The Company will operate a system of approved and preferred suppliers and subcontractors.
As Directors, it is our responsibility to ensure that all aspects of the Company’s policies are communicated, understood and implemented at all levels in the organisation. It is periodically reviewed for its continued suitability and effectiveness by the senior management.